What connects product designers and UXers? And does that connection help in the transition from UX to product management?
In this episode of the Rosenfeld Review, you’ll meet Christian Crumlish, Founder of Design in Product and author of the soon-to-be released Product Management for UX People. Christian and Lou deep dive into the world of product management and its relationship with UX, as well as the advantages design practitioners share when moving into product management roles.
Highlights from this discussion include:
• Understanding the current state of product management relative to UX;
• The superpower designers can tap into when communicating effectively, and how that skill is inherently utilized by product management folks (the “language of the bosses”);
• How designers/strategists/researchers share an advantage by shifting to product management through intuitively asking questions such as “how will we grow?” and “how can we keep this going?” with consideration to cost-effective solutions;
• The need to be decisive in the face of fairly complex issues across the time-horizon; and
• Why honing in on the value of listening closely to those who work adjacent to product managers will help define the cross-functional roadmap.